Pod casts on N7

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to download Podcasts and listen to them on my N7. Is that possible and can someone tell me how to go about it?

Thanks

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Try the PocketCasts app great for listening to podcasts. Gives you lots of suggested podcasts to listen to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so what do I do after I get the app? I download to my computer then transfer to the N7 (where do I put them?) or do I download direct to the tablet?

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
No you will do everything using the app. It gives topic categories such as tech to choose from or you can search for your favorite podcast.

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
No you will do everything using the app. It gives topic categories such as tech to choose from or you can search for your favorite podcast.

What I'm interested in is only the podcasts of a local hometown radio talk show. Their web site has a place to download the podcasts. I'm not sure if they are "main stream" enough to be known to the app. Is that possible?

liljew

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Podkicker allows you to add a podcast by url in addition to its search by name

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
What I'm interested in is only the podcasts of a local hometown radio talk show. Their web site has a place to download the podcasts. I'm not sure if they are "main stream" enough to be known to the app. Is that possible?

Pocketcasts or any of them would work just fine to do that. All you need is the link from the site, copy it into the app, and it will take care of the rest. I have to do that with a few special podcasts put out by people I know.

Pocketcasts just got a refresh after 2 years and they are working hard updating it. Give it a try because once you set it up, it will sync it across devices if you have a phone and tablet. I listen to some in my car using my phone, then listen to the rest in my office on my tablet. They just added that feature and it has saved me a lot of time scrolling through or having to hook up my phone to headphones just to finish an episode. Plus be suprised probably find somethings to interest you, I know I only got it got 3 podcasts, then started finding more and more.

Michael Morris2

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Pocketcasts is definitely worth the money. It will automatically download podcasts as soon as you wake up the tablet, possibly if the tablet's sleeping and the app is open. No compalints about pocketcasts, lockscreen widget is good and skipping back and forth 10 and 30 seconds is freat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084