Android OS eating battery even when in sleep mode.

dency45

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
This always happen every night. When im not charging my phone overnight android OS eating my battery. My battery is 89% then when i woke up it is 71%. The other day it is 36% then when down to 8% even when in sleep mode.
EDIT: Do not mind the 16 hours shown there. I did not charge the nexus 7 100% and the time will only reset when it is unplugged from 100%.

The main problem is that it ate 17% of battery even at 6 hours sleep mode.

Screenshot_2013-03-20-05-49-09_zps840d008f.png

Screenshot_2013-03-20-05-49-14_zps0c515b81.png

Last edited:

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I dobt know if this is normal or not but I'll wait to see what others say because my mate has a similar problem with his s3

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You can use BetterBatteryStats to confirm this, but it is most likely your WiFi. What is the WiFi network type?

My work WiFi does the exact same thing to my tablet and phone (started in 4.1) but my home WiFi does not. It is a WPA2 and for some reason, it is constantly sending data to my devices and preventing them from going to sleep, so I see the exact same Android OS keep awake that you are seeing.

The solution for me was to get DS Battery Saver Pro and turn it on when I was at work and it has worked like a charm.

If you are having the same problem that I am, better battery stats will report that your culprit is wlan_rx_wake.

Last edited:

DavdEBSmith

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
As a comparison, right now mine has been off the charger for 28 hours. Battery usage 1.4% per hour. Better Battery Stats says 47% deep sleep, 53% awake. 3 hours of wifi wakelocks. But of the awake time, half of it the CPU is running at 51 MHz, the lowest speed.

Some Android devices have issues being kept excessively awake by some wifi devices. A solution is to turn off wifi when the tablet is not in use. But then it's not continuously updated and ready to go when you turn it on.

It's easy to narrow it down to a wifi issue by turning wifi off for several hours. Then the problem is, there may not be a solution you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol