Blank page on Chrome

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
When I attempt to access any site using the Chrome app on my Nexus 7 all I see is a blank page. It makes no difference whether I type in the URL or use my bookmarks. This has been happening for a couple of days. I have deleted the cache under app settings. Firefox works fine. Any suggestions?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
When I attempt to access any site using the Chrome app on my Nexus 7 all I see is a blank page. It makes no difference whether I type in the URL or use my bookmarks. This has been happening for a couple of days. I have deleted the cache under app settings. Firefox works fine. Any suggestions?

If you only cleared cache, I would suggest clearing data and then trying again. Assuming everything's tied to your Google account, things will re-sync fairly quickly.

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I hesitate to do that because I am afraid I will lose all my bookmarks. On the other hand, they're of no use to me if they just produce a blank page. If that's my only alternative I'll have to do it. Thanks for the suggestion.

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I hesitate to do that because I am afraid I will lose all my bookmarks. On the other hand, they're of no use to me if they just produce a blank page. If that's my only alternative I'll have to do it. Thanks for the suggestion.

In desperation I cleared cache and data. Still only blank pages.

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I really feel dumb but I did solve the problem. I remembered that just before the malfunction of Chrome I had installed adblock plus for android. So I uninstalled it. Having done that Chrome said the proxy server connection failed. My weather apps didn't work and Firefox said it couldn't find the proxy server. Well, I had no idea where to find the proxy server either, of course. Hoping for some information I went to the adblock site and found the installation directions. As directed I had modified the network. Undoing that solved my problems with all the apps including Chrome. I thought my sad story might help another newbie like myself. Be careful if you install adblock plus.