Nexus 7 Cannot Seem to be Switched On

cypher94

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I'm having an issue where my mother's nexus 7 had completely drained it's battery, she had tried to recharge but when she did it would get to the lock screen where it would show that the battery was at 0% and then immediately shutdown again. I'm told that the process repeated itself a number of times before the charger was removed and a call was made to me.

Once I got access to the tablet I found that I couldn't replicate what she described because the new thing was that even when put to charge it wouldn't boot at all. I tried the power+volume down tactic but to no avail. I even opened the back to see if there was an issue with the battery connector (as far as I can tell there wasn't).

I tried connecting it to my laptop but there didn't seem to be any sign of life from the tablet.

I can't be sure what version the unit was running but I always told her to update the device if the notification came up so it's fair to assume that it was running on 4.2.2.

I really hope someone can help.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Only asking because it wasn't listed in your post, did you actually just try plugging it in and not touching it for an extended period of time -- overnight perhaps?

cypher94

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, after I had tried everything I did leave it to charge for 12 hours after which I came back and did all the tests again.
It didn't seem to make any difference.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a call to Google is in order. Hardware issue. You could also try a different charger / cable.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cypher94

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Tried to charge it with a different usb cable, still no luck.
Not sure if this makes a difference but I did notice that the plug gets warm.

Does anyone here know about how to send a message to the appropriate department so I can get a replacement?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Tried to charge it with a different usb cable, still no luck.
Not sure if this makes a difference but I did notice that the plug gets warm.

Does anyone here know about how to send a message to the appropriate department so I can get a replacement?

Go online and contact Asus. There's a phone number available (may be in the startup guide, as well). Explain the problem and they will let you know the procedure. They have a live chat line available, too. So they may be able to help without having to send it back to them.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay