Another "what should I buy" thread: N7, Tab 2 or KFHD

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Great information.. MRMW you da' man!.. Totally amazing how much information you provided, though most of us 'non-geeks' probably won't root.

Meantime Staples has the 16 gb for $149 and the 32 gb for $169 making this VERY tempting: Nexus 7, (32GB) Tablet from Google? | Staples? I printed out the coupon..I also have a $100 rewards card I can get from Chase for $100 which would make this almost too good to pass up. And from all the rumors the next gen N7 will have a much higher resolution display and rear camera but NO MicroSD slot.. 32 gb is plenty for me though :)

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Good advice so far, but I'd like to sum it up with this:

The Kindle Fire is a very nice ereader, but a poor excuse for a tablet.

The Galaxy Tab 2 is OK, if you don't mind Samsung's IU enhancements, and premium price. Although it is top quality, I found it to be too slow and not well designed.

The Nexus 7 is one of the best 7-inch tablets on the market, and the best for its price. The nightmare scenarios regarding build quality and bugs are way over-stated. I have had mine for almost a year now, and have had no problems, although it does sometimes lag a little, I think I can attribute that to my crappy internet service.

So, I highly recommend the N7, especially with recent price drops and specials. Go for it!

Posted from my Nexus 7 via Android Central App

Conrad Gray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth. I've used my N7 since the week it was released for at least 6 hours a day (studying, email, web, calendar, recording song demos and lectures, skyping with family) nearly every day since I bought it. The screen is slightly higher on one side than the other (almost to a microscopic level) and it could've been replaced with warranty coverage if I wasn't on an island in the middle of nowhere.

So coming from someone who was forced to put 100% faith into the construction quality of this device (it is my one and only source of study materials in medical school) I could not be happier.

10dorado

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I 2nd and +1 everything that has been said here -

*******EXCEPT***********

There is a, seemingly, inherent problem with the video-out volume with the internal speakers and when using headphones. If you travel a lot in a noisy car, bus, BART train or airplane, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HEAR THE VIDEO PLAYBACK. There is also, seemingly, no workaround for this issue.

I love BOTH my Nexus 7's (16Gb and 32Gb models) but can't use them when I travel because I can't hear movies when played back on the device. If I am staying in a quiet room, the doctor's office or library, this is not an issue but I don't spend a major portion of my job in these places.

All in all, you can't go wrong with the N7 and I hope the next generation of product addresses this issue (Gosh, I almost sounded like and iPhone customer just then!).

10dorado

Flashfox

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I went for a 64GB iPad Mini... I still have my Nexus 7 ans it's been fun comparing. Now the iPad Mini is smooth and sweet BUT, and this is a VERY important one, you do NOT have the same flexibility as you do in the Android ecosystem. "Drag and Drop" is an unknown feat in the Apple ecosystem. You must use iTunes and it's limited like heck. I trashed my files several times before I uncovered a way to "kind of" drag & dropping files... into iTunes. Every time I would click the "sync" button, it would wipe what was on the iPad Mini. Now if you can live with that and with the loss of customization compared to Android, it is a great product! So... it boils down to what you want. I got this 64GB iPad Mini on "points" (I travel a lot) so if I decide that I want the "next greatest" Android tablet (not the N7 v2), then I will sell this iPad Mini.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21