Dead N7 - any help?

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
While reading last night, a power warning of 13% came up, then a few seconds later the screen showed a faint pattern. The pattern quickly disappeared, then the screen went blank except for flickering around the edges.

I left it on the charger overnight but it doesn't respond to holding the power button for thirty seconds intervals. The same cord is now charging my phone with no issues.

Any ideas?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
First of all, it's best to use the stock charger and cable. The charging block puts out 2amps of power to charge your battery. To compare, most phone chargers put out half of that (1amp) and charging it from a USB port on a computer is even lower (0.5 amps).

if the device was left on and charging via a USB port, it will take a very long time to fully charge.

Try holding vol down + power at the same time, to see if you can force it to power on. If you can power it on, make sure to fully turn it off and plug it in to charge for a few hours before using it again. Good luck.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. The charger is the stock N7 unit.

Any idea why it would shut down with 10+% remaining? I think that's happened before.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the battery connector is loose, as mentioned earlier. Pull the back off check the connector and fill the gaps so the battery does not move around and pull the connector loose.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance