Battery and Charging

newbie1199

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Is it alright for me to charge my Nexus 7 if it's at 50% right now? (I'll need it for tomorrow) Or will charging it now when the battery's not that low yet change the battery's capacity/lifetime in future or something? Not recommended to charge yet?

Thank you in advance. :)

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Charge it. What's not recommended is to let the battery get too low. There are a million threads here about battery best practices. Do a search if you need more details.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The common advice on this forum and elsewhere is that for this type of battery, it's best to not let it get too low before charging it. The more "exercise" it gets, the better. So charging at 50% is no problem.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus7 should shut off automatically when the battery gets as low as the software deems acceptable. This is actually based on voltage but the per cent battery reported would be less than 10%. Many people prefer to recharge if lower than 20%. Basically recharge when convenient but don't delay charging if it shuts off or goes below 10% because if discharges further recharging may be difficult.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop