am i the only one..

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think with Jelly Bean you can control background data use for specific apps. Handy when investigating weird battery drains.

... Yep. Settings, data usage, click an app for details, tap the action overflow icon ("menu" button), => Restrict Background Data. :cool:

Make a reminder to undo this later, lest you forget and start wondering, why doesn't this app work?

You can enable developer options and control the number of background services and even kill activities as soon as you close them.
That can also cause you trouble if you leave it on. Use this with extreme caution.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

ojosazules88

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My n7 is almost unusable, just taken me 3 hours to charge 7% battery and its losing about 1% battery a minute!
When I first had it , all was OK and I have tried all the battery saving tips but no better.
Also it won't charge when on like before I had 4.2.2 updated.
No Asus customer support as well,They really need to address this battery issue because many people are complaining about these awful battery
Problems, sort it out Google/Asus!

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My n7 is almost unusable, just taken me 3 hours to charge 7% battery and its losing about 1% battery a minute!
When I first had it , all was OK and I have tried all the battery saving tips but no better.
No Asus customer support as well,They really need to address this battery issue because many people are complaining about these awful battery

Instead of posting in a bunch of threads about your problems why don't you try going through the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Rogue app?
2. Faulty charger/cable?
3. Factory reset?
4. RMA.

ojosazules88

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What a ridiculous comment, i have posted here because like many im having terrible battery problems with the N7 and have tried many battery saving tips and troubleshooting steps.
The OP was asking to hear about others with battery problems so why not read the original post. An Android Nexus 7 forum is for discussing what?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
All right, chill please. Are you experiencing the failure to charge properly while using the OEM charger and cable?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Try removing the back cover and ensuring the battery connection is secure. The battery is a little smaller than the battery cavity and can slide around enough to partially disconnect the connector.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
download Better Battery Stats and it will help you figure out what is causing your battery drain. If everything seems normal, you might have a faulty battery or there might be a lose connection.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After removing a few apps that I think started using my battery more, I have now went a full two days on one charge and have 3 hrs 8 minutes screen time. I last charged it Saturday morning. I used the N7 for TomTom about 30 minutes, reading a book for about an hour and internet/email stuff. Very happy now.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
After removing a few apps that I think started using my battery more, I have now went a full two days on one charge and have 3 hrs 8 minutes screen time. I last charged it Saturday morning. I used the N7 for TomTom about 30 minutes, reading a book for about an hour and internet/email stuff. Very happy now.

Woohoo. :thumbup: Yep, amazing how a few little apps can drag a device down. Learned that the hard way with my short fuse Amaze. Set everything to sync hourly and sat back to watch it fade fast....