I apologize if this has been addressed already - however I've looked all over the place and keep getting conflicting stories, so I'm hoping someone here can clarify this once and for all: does the Nexus 7 come unlocked out of the box? I've read a couple places that if you buy the AT&T one - it comes with the AT&T SIM, but is actually already unlocked. I've also read a couple places (can't remember exactly where off the top of my head) that indicates that might not be the case. If anyone can tell me one way or the other, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
    04-22-2013 10:29 AM
    No matter which one you choose, they are all unlocked. I got the one with the AT&T sim but am now using T-Mobile.

Just to be clear, you can not use a T-Mobile sim card that is activated on a phone line, it has to be activated on a data only plan. They include whatever carrier sim that you want in the box to make it easy for you to activate so that you don't have to get a sim after purchase.

If you don't want to renew a month or two on T-Mobile, the sim is good for a year. AT&T only gives you 60 days, then you need a new sim.
    04-22-2013 11:25 AM
    Awesome - thank you!

No matter which one you choose, they are all unlocked. I got the one with the AT&T sim but am now using T-Mobile.

Just to be clear, you can not use a T-Mobile sim card that is activated on a phone line, it has to be activated on a data only plan. They include whatever carrier sim that you want in the box to make it easy for you to activate so that you don't have to get a sim after purchase.

If you don't want to renew a month or two on T-Mobile, the sim is good for a year. AT&T only gives you 60 days, then you need a new sim.
    04-22-2013 01:32 PM