Amazon Instant Video not working WITH Adobe Flash Player installed?!?

Josh ill

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7, except for one problem, and that is the Flash Player issues. I own tons of shows and such via Amazon Instant Video, and I want to watch them on my tablet. This is how I discovered the Adobe Flash player problem, and how Adobe no longer supports Android. I have followed all of the Advice on the Internet. I have tried using several older versions of Adobe Flash (ice cream sandwich and a ton of others promised to work even though I have Jelly bean), and I have several other browsers other than Chrome (Firefox, Dolphin, and xScope Pro).

I will mention that making these installs DID fix other flash player problems, such as my Algebra homework webite (Mymathlab), and other flash based sites seem to be working now, as long as you use a browser other than Chrome. However, when I try to load a video on Amazon, it just acts like it is loading for a while, then shows a black screen.

If anyone can help me, I will be more grateful than you can know. I've tried everything I know how to do, watched 15 videos, read 20 forums...the only thing I haven't done is postede my own thread. Thanks.
:(

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This is a new issue with Amazon Instant Video that cropped up recently. Since Amazon just released pilots for their new TV shows, they implemented Adobe DRM on all Instant Video content. This has broken access to Amazon Instant on unofficially supported devices and browsers.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This is a new issue with Amazon Instant Video that cropped up recently. Since Amazon just released pilots for their new TV shows, they implemented Adobe DRM on all Instant Video content. This has broken access to Amazon Instant on unofficially supported devices and browsers.

Interesting - I had also noticed that it was no longer working (or at least not working well - I could see the video but it "jerky" and lagging).

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
All this hassle because Amazon obstinately refuses to release an app for Android. So stupid. They're giving up selling to 70% of the market for no good reason whatsoever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Valentina Alvizua

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
yep, sadly this is true as I noticed it was happening to me too as of about April 17th. I've been to every forum, read news articles, watched videos and by now the only thing I can tell you is this: amazon instant video no longer works on android.

If you are that desperate for amazon prime streaming on your android device, try using splashtop 2 and stream your desktop to your android device. Splashtop works so well for me I have been able to watch movies on it before and even play games (though it is rather uncomfortable considering the lack of 'mouse' but for streaming a movie if you have a decent wireless connection it should work.
The downside of this is that you will need to have a computer 'on' somewhere in order to use it, but that isn't much of an issue for me.

BladdyK

May 24, 2013
Visit site
You have to reset your license permissions with Adobe. My playback for Google Play wasn't working on my PC, so I had to right click on the flash window, go to the license protection panel and reset the licenses. I logged out of Google, logged back in and it worked. It happened to fix the issue on my Nexus 7 as well. :)

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You have to reset your license permissions with Adobe. My playback for Google Play wasn't working on my PC, so I had to right click on the flash window, go to the license protection panel and reset the licenses. I logged out of Google, logged back in and it worked. It happened to fix the issue on my Nexus 7 as well. :)

I don't think this is the same issue as with Amazon Prime. It works, just very poorly now. I don't have issues with any other flash-enabled services.

Roy_Baty

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

BladdyK, could you be more specific about what and where these steps are for the Nexus 7? The Flash settings don't have a "license protection panel," and you don't specify how or where to log out of Google (the closest I can find is "clear credentials" in the Settings/Security area. Is that it?)

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It appears that Amazon has made a change of some kind - Amazon Prime now works on both my N7 and TF700T using Boat browser.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Is your Amazon Prime streaming on your Asus TF700T still working?

I'm a complete newbie to tablets and Android. Would you mind helping me or sharing a link on how I go about doing this? I have a Toshiba excite tablet (piece of crap) and my TF700T comes tomorrow. I've tried Boat browser and downloaded an archived Flash for ICS 4.0 and with desktop mode, I got a video playing 2 days ago. As of this morning when I tried again, nothing happens at all.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong - how do I start over and where do I begin? Very frustrating. Prime works on my PC desktop, and my Panasonic TV and Bluray players with wifi.

Thanks in advance for your time, help, and suggestions!

jt

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my tablet with me, but with Boat I recall that the video display shows first with a blank and an arrow in it that you have to touch/select to cause the Flash video to play. Is that what you are seeing?

BrettXNA

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been watching shows on amazon instant video on my galaxy tab 7.7 for a few months now using dolphin browser mini with no problem.
However starting today all I get is a black window - no video or sound.
If you click the free preview button however the trailer will play - but the full, purchased video will not.
I have tried dolphin browser mini, dolphin browser hd and boat browser on a galaxy tab 7.7 with honeycomb 3.2 and
on a galaxy tab 2 10 inch.
Nothing but a black screen on both.
Looks like they are blocking browser playback for good.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It appears that Amazon has made a change of some kind - Amazon Prime now works on both my N7 and TF700T using Boat browser.

This is also working on my Note 8 with the stock browser and Flash 11 sideloaded.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been watching shows on amazon instant video on my galaxy tab 7.7 for a few months now using dolphin browser mini with no problem.
However starting today all I get is a black window - no video or sound.
If you click the free preview button however the trailer will play - but the full, purchased video will not.
I have tried dolphin browser mini, dolphin browser hd and boat browser on a galaxy tab 7.7 with honeycomb 3.2 and
on a galaxy tab 2 10 inch.
Nothing but a black screen on both.
Looks like they are blocking browser playback for good.

Works with Boat browser on my TF700T, Nexus 7, & Galaxy S3 phone - just tried all three. I didn't think Dolphin supported Flash. Have you enabled Flash in Settings (under Page Content) in Boat?

scourtney146

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to find out which combination of browser/plugin/downloads worked to make MyMathLab accessible on your Nexus 7?!? Nothing I've tried works out completely -something's always off. I bought this for school (because I love my Galaxy Nexus android), but I can't justify keeping it if it doesn't serve this key purpose! Hopefully you or anyone else in the know could help me get this settled finally -since it's such a fantastic device otherwise! Btw, are there any alternatives, that work just as well, in place of Adobe Flash Player?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech