Want to get nexus 7

joshjp

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, first post here, im looking to buy a Nexus 7, so i have a few questions, is there a older/new model?, also i see Asus and Google, are they the same Nexus 7?. Thanks

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is a google device that its a "Nexus" The Nexus devices are made by other OEMs for google that have no launchers or bloatware or other company apps, it is just pure android OS. You get updates as soon as they are available which is a huge benefit.

The Nexus 7 is made by Asus for google but it is still considered a "google" device running pure vanilla android.

I love android so Nexus devices are right up my alley, you can't go wrong with the 7 it is an awesome device especially for the price. Rumor has it though that google will soon be announcing an updated version of the Nexus 7 since the current one has slightly dated hardware. It will be up to you to decide if you want to pull the trigger now or hold out on the rumored 2nd gen Nexus 7.

Hope this helps,
Matt
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to Android Central! Currently there's only the first generation of the Nexus 7 available. The next generation is probably going to be released some time later this year--lots of people speculate it will be announced during the Google I/O conference next month. It's supposed to be better and not particularly more expensive, so if you can wait, I suggest you hold on until more details come out.

The Nexus 7 is a Google branded device, but it is manufactured by Asus. Asus does also make the MeMO Pad, which is not Google-branded, but is essentially a cheaper and less powerful version of the Nexus 7, with a slower processor and worse resolution. It goes for about $150 for the 16 GB version, but in my opinion it probably isn't worth it, since for $50 more you can get the real deal. And I'm sure that when the next Nexus 7 is released, the first generation will get significantly discounted.

joshjp

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks alot guys, i just sold my Ipad mini ;( , i want to try something different, there is a 32gb Nexus 7 by me for $175, seems like a great deal, i will most likely surf the web and watch netflix, the reason i sold the mini ix that safari keeps crashing, just get fed up with ot.

colecoyates

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks alot guys, i just sold my Ipad mini ;( , i want to try something different, there is a 32gb Nexus 7 by me for $175, seems like a great deal, i will most likely surf the web and watch netflix, the reason i sold the mini ix that safari keeps crashing, just get fed up with ot.

I just got the 32 GB nexus 7 and so far I love it. No complaints. I say get it unless you want the latest and greatest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci