Keyboard defaulting is driving me up the wall

dartutox

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've done some searching, but can't seem to find a solution to my particular problem.
I'm using a Nexus 7 with the default screen displayed keyboard.
I do a lot of spreadsheet work on the N7 using Kingsoft Office, but the real bummer is the keyboard.
Doing a lot of entries on the spreadsheet, I don't want the (Bad word) keyboard to automatically go from 123 back to Alpha everytime I do something.

It there a way/setting I can action to keep the keyboard in 123 mode all the time I'm working on sheets.

Thanks
Dave

dartutox

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
What fix did you find?

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

Ooer! There is life here after all. ;-)
I was looking for some configuration, but but never found one... No-one here replied so I though about it some more. Xperimented and Eureka!

This is a Nexus 7 keyboard BTW, so dunno about yours.
Sheet on screen, keyboard displayed, and directly above it is the writable box, it has a "T" on the left hand end and "Tab" and Re-do arrow on the Righthand end.
Tap the LH end "T" and a numeric keyset will display (I thought is was a calculator).
Tap in the numbers, then tap the cell into which they are meant for... The numeric display will stay in place until all the numeric data has been entered.
To get back to the usual keyboard, tap the "123" that now displays on the left end in place of the "T"

Ax

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Ooer! There is life here after all. ;-)
I was looking for some configuration, but but never found one... No-one here replied so I though about it some more. Xperimented and Eureka!

This is a Nexus 7 keyboard BTW, so dunno about yours.
Sheet on screen, keyboard displayed, and directly above it is the writable box, it has a "T" on the left hand end and "Tab" and Re-do arrow on the Righthand end.
Tap the LH end "T" and a numeric keyset will display (I thought is was a calculator).
Tap in the numbers, then tap the cell into which they are meant for... The numeric display will stay in place until all the numeric data has been entered.
To get back to the usual keyboard, tap the "123" that now displays on the left end in place of the "T"

Ax

Nice find.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae