Nexus 7 pairs but won't connect to my Galaxy S2

Thaine

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Sprint as the provider. I bought a Nexus 7 2 days ago and on initial setup, it worked fine and I could tether via Bluetooth through the phone. After Google had updated the N7 with all my apps etc, I tested them and all was good. The last thing I did was allow the tablet to update the OS to 4.2.2. After that when I tried to tether I got the 2 devices to pair, but they will not connect. When I go into settings on the N7, and try to check the box to allow it to use Bluetooth for internet access, it will not "take" or work. I have reset and rebooted both devices. Since I use Sprint, I can't use FoxFi, etc. Any solutions or fixes before I reset and take the N7 back for a refund?
Thanks
Thaine

ETA moot point now. I returned it today and received a full refund. I would still like to know if there is a solution. I intend to purchase another thru a major chain and will just not let it upgrade the OS until they have a solution. I don't mind hacking/modifying, but think it is absurd to have to do it with an out of the box new item to get it to work as advertised.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15