Batery Not Charging

Hal53717

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Device opertied fine for about two months. Now I have a red line through the battery icon and when teh Nexus7 fires up it says "connect your chager". When the charger is connected and the power is off the battery icon comes up and the display that presumably shows current flowing to the battery is animated as always. However, nothing changes in the battery display. The bsattery timer in the Settings section shows the run time on the battery and that does not reset after plugging in the charger -- it just keeps increasing. Have tried resetting the device even to the extreme of having to reload some apps that were wiped out. I have tried different 60 Hz outlets and have also left it on overnight connected to the USB port of my mac.

Any thoughts?

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hal53717,

You seem to have a problem with your ion battery or the connector in your phone, this is an easy fix if you have a valid warranty, or an expensive fix if you don't.

1. If it is a problem with the ion battery, you simply purchase a new one which can cost up to $100.00, If you have a warranty this should be fully covered.

2. If the connector in your phone is bad, you can have it ripped out which will probally cost more than the phone, or you can send it to your carrier for replacement if your warranty is still valid.

Hope this helps your troubles,
Joshuaz

Longjohn119

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe a common failure with some of the Nexus 7's is the battery connector coming loose inside mostly likely from shoddy ChiCom manufacturing and QC. Unfortunately that means removing the back cover, unplugging the battery and plugging it back in making sure it is fully seated and putting the cover back on which I wouldn't recommend if it's still under warranty and/or you have some experience doing this sort of thing. Google did make these to be easily opened without breaking the tabs which is a rare thing in today's world of throwaway manufacturing