How do you turn your Nexus 7 on 'cos mine seems weird

tre4bax

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for some feedback about how to turn on my Nexus 7. Sounds a bit weird because it should be easy eh!

If I hold down the on button and choose the Power off option then my tablet turns itself off, so far so good. When I want to turn the tablet back on again what do I do? You might think that I just press the power button and the tablet will turn on, but mine doesn't. After some experimenting I have discovered that if I hold the power button down for about 10 seconds and then release it, the next press of the button will start the tablet. This leads me to my question is this what happens with your Nexus 7? or does it just boot when you press the button?

Thing is I can work with the above, and once it is on the device functions as you would expect it to. The power on button wakes it from sleep etc. so it can't be the function of the button causing this delay. My concern is that I have lived with this for half a year and am now starting to worry that once it becomes a year old and out of warranty it will just not turn on ever and I will have a dead tablet.

I have tried doing a system reboot by holding power and volume down, but alas that just gives me yet another way of starting it not a fix to the problem. The situation is the same with full charged battery, part charged, plugged into the mains. I have even just done a complete factory restore, left the device unconfigured and turned it off and guess what it is exactly the same.

I'm left with the conclusion that this is "Normal" but when I tried to wake my Nexus on a plane at the same time as the chap next to me, his booted significantly quicker than mine with no messing about. I'd just like some feedback about whether this is the same for yours....

Trevor

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
"Normal" is holding the power button for 2-3 seconds...that should turn it on. Although certainly there have been reports of people needing longer...

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
"Normal" is holding the power button for 2-3 seconds...that should turn it on. Although certainly there have been reports of people needing longer...

Same for me. One thing is the screen may not turn on for 10.seconds or so after I release the power button. You need to be patient.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay