Do I need Swift key with a Nexus 7 keyboard?

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I like Swift key quite a bit. However, I've seen that the Nexus 7 has swipe and guesses a few words as I type also. What benefits does Swift key give me as well as the pretty purple drag line?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Swift Key is much more advanced and all around better than the stock Android " swype ". Not that Android did a bad job, just its very basic and limited in what it does at its current development stage.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you need SwiftKey , no. Should you want to it, YES! I have been a SwiftKey user for quite some time. I have used the free and paid versions on 5 different phones and I have never regretted buying it once. I have always used their betas to see what more can be done and help weed out the bugs. Yes I paid a second time for the tablet version on my N7 and worth it.

There is a plethora of keyboard variations apps available. I have tried most. The 2 I have found most intuitive and functional is Swype and SwiftKey. In fact Swype is now on the Google Play so you can purchase the newest version and updates their. Previously you had to have a phone pre installed with it or be in their Beta program. SwiftKey was the first predictions enabled keyboard that worked for me. I purchased it after using their free version a week. SwiftKey has options to auto correct or choose corrections. SwiftKey Flow now has a "swyping" feature too called flow. It is very close to Swype but the ability to do typing or flowing in the same sentence adds a huge advantage for the user. Another option SwiftKey has is different size keyboards. You can make then shorter so it take up less screen area. I use small on my SG3 and Nexus 7. I like on the tablet version if you hold it horizontal you have a choice of the keyboard being normal or "splitting" in half to type with 2 thumbs. I can go on and on about each but what is it you want it to do?

Both will have various times that their prices will drop to 99 cents or less, but if you can do it get them now.

I have both and sometimes I just switch to be different. Swype is great but SwiftKey easily beats out any competition with all the extras and customization.

Try free version so and go from there.

Posted via the new and improved Android Central App

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this info. I'll give Swype a go as it is 66p (99c) right now. I'll see how much I like Swype against Swiftkey and if I hate it all I've lost is 66p :D

Thank you again.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this info. I'll give Swype a go as it is 66p (99c) right now. I'll see how much I like Swype against Swiftkey and if I hate it all I've lost is 66p :D

Thank you again.

You can't go wrong with that price. Keep looking at SwiftKey as they frequently have price drops.

If you have further questions about Swype ask away. Use it for a while to get used. It definitely is a top tier keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I like Swift key quite a bit. However, I've seen that the Nexus 7 has swipe and guesses a few words as I type also. What benefits does Swift key give me as well as the pretty purple drag line?

SwiftKey for phone and tablet is on sale right now again. I believe for 99 cents which is a steal. Now matter if you want to just try all the prime options grab it now

Posted via Android Central App

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
honestly, While swiftkey is good, I personally haven't used it since ICS. That being said, it is awesome that we have the choice in the matter! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad