Google Nexus 7 Reboot 'X' issue (Currys repairs)

kibbs osafo

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi
How widespread is the Google Nexus 7 reboot issue? Basically the tablet will not get past the Google X symbol on rebooting. I have heard about random reboots but mine wont launch at all. Tried the various tips and tricks to reset and use the volume button to scroll through reboot etc but still stops at same place. Tried 50 times or so.

Bought machine 28/3/13 and in repairs 30/4/13 unfortunately I couldn't get my money back from Currys as it was 1 week outside of their 21 days policy. (Think I will cause a storm).
After initially being told by Currys it would take about a week; yesterday - 10/5 - it is looking more like 4 weeks without any progress updates being available. The only saving grace is I know the shop and don't have to wait around for UPS to collect or deliver the package.

I believe the issue is related to Andriod 4.2 only so let me now if you are facing issues......on previous versions.

Lesson of the day 'stick to Apple' they changed an Ipad no qualms and I only wanted to see what else was out there so bought a Nexus 7. Wish I hadn't. I also believe it is Cloud based so anything I have on it should be available to synch whenever I get it back, but confidence is knocked a bit as reliability is important.

Let me know if you have any related issues, thanks.

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi my husband bought my nexus 7 for me at christmas from tesco and its been ok up untill tonight I wanted to factory reset it and now it
Wont load up it gets to the x and goes off have you got any tips on what to do to get it working or should I take it to a shop to get it repaired ? Please help xx

sclarke624

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Kibbs we spoke on the currys forum thing, my nexus from currys same problem as you. Not stalking you just googled and landed here LOL. I eventually got a replacement as the courier for Asus hadn't even picked the nexus up it had been in the shop from March 15th to April 4th on the shelf waiting. The manager was sympathetic and just gave us a replacement. Remember this was the second time it went in for same thing. Anyway by the 2nd of May the replacement did the same thing so we take that in for repair, again they mention lots are coming being sent away for same thing. And I am still waiting............3 weeks in a couple of days. Its bizzare, my son has the same model 32gb he bought his at the dreaded PCworld (still within curry group) and he has not had a problemwith his at all. I'm frightened to use it now cos just keeps breaking.

Sheila