Question for those who sent their N7 back to Asus repair multiple times

rmmyyz

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So I purchased my N7 at a brick and mortar store (looking back, I should have just ordered it online) - Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone who had to send their N7 back to Asus multiple times for repairs, were able to get a replacement rather than have them repair it? This is the third time in less than five months that I had to send my unit back. It keeps locking up at the "X" logo, and no amount of hard reset, or factory format resolves this. The people at the main Asus number can't comment about the replacement procedure, but they also can't transfer me to the repair center in TX to actually talk to someone about this problem. I included a detailed letter when I sent the device back, hopefully that will help - Just curious if others have been successful in getting a replacement.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So I purchased my N7 at a brick and mortar store (looking back, I should have just ordered it online) - Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone who had to send their N7 back to Asus multiple times for repairs, were able to get a replacement rather than have them repair it? This is the third time in less than five months that I had to send my unit back. It keeps locking up at the "X" logo, and no amount of hard reset, or factory format resolves this. The people at the main Asus number can't comment about the replacement procedure, but they also can't transfer me to the repair center in TX to actually talk to someone about this problem. I included a detailed letter when I sent the device back, hopefully that will help - Just curious if others have been successful in getting a replacement.

The device will usually be repaired unless it is deemed too costly or unrepairable. However, that is solely to the discretion of the tech and the repair facility. There is no direct way of contacting the Texas repair facility; the call center has no means of direct communication with them. Given that it has been in for RMA multiple times, the technician will look at the repair history and exhaust all possible repair solutions before considering a replacement. I've seen units get replaced before, but its rare unless the unit has at least 3 failed attempts.

My advice is if you get it back and the exact same things happen again, open up another RMA but ask the phone rep to put in a request for replacement, given the circumstances. That way, they at least put it into consideration; whereas if you don't, they would jump straight into repair mode again. It's not guaranteed, but it helps to let them know. If your RMA is by any chance assigned to a rep that you have direct contact with, they would be a good place to start too.

rmmyyz

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did speak to the call center rep and request that he at least document that I would request a replacement due yo the fact that this unit failed 3 times in 4 months with exact same symptoms. Just wait and see I guess. Thanks again

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1