I am running on the latest JB update on my nexus 7. i am not rooted and have nothing shady downloaded from the internet everything comes right from the app store.
    so today i was using my tablet and it went through the battery, i wasnt doing anything of heavy use. i let it charge for a little while and then tried to turn it back on... it would not turn on, this has happened to me once before where i guess the battery was so low that it wouldnt even turn on, yet if i hold the volume down button and the power button it brings me to the manual start mode...not sure why i can do that and not just turn it on but anyway not important right now. so i start it up and it comes to my lock screen but then out of no where the screen turns to static like on a TV and it is even making the sounds as if it were static...then the funny part, the screen goes black and it makes this hilarious fart noise and dies out. ( just watch the video its funny)
    anyway so i called google and they told me to leave it off and keep letting it charge because the charging symbol was still showing up it just wouldn't let me turn it on because i guess the battery was so low?? well anyway that call was made 5 hours ago and my tablet has been turned off and charging and the battery is just getting to 60% charge....this makes no sense i have no idea why its taking so long to charge..
    anyway i just wanted to share this video with you all. i asked google if they wanted me to send them the video they said no so i need to share this with someone! hope you enjoy it.

George

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10669369...ts/6h4r13ZtAdp
    05-14-2013 11:54 PM
    Just to follow upon this, I left it to charge over night and it finally finished charging.when I turn it on I went to the battery and it said that 53% of my battery is now being used by media.....no idea why its been off this whole time. 15 minutes later I check back and everything is different the screen is now taking up 73% and media is barely anything at all. What's going in with my nexus 7? Is that weird?
    05-15-2013 07:15 AM
    I've seen reports of the media scanner process using so much battery due to a corrupt video file. The media thing tries to catalog all video and pictures (maybe music?) and can get in a loop over a corrupt media file.
    05-15-2013 12:25 PM
    I would actually back up everything and perform a complete WIPE on the tablet. It seems more software related/glitchy more than anything. Restore the tablet and slowly load back your apps and files. Check to see if it still behaves this way after the reset. I suspect it shouldn't but if it continues, I would contact support.
    05-15-2013 05:13 PM