Nexus 7 doesn't sleep when it should

May 16, 2013
Visit site
When I close the "smart case" I have for my Nexus 7 tablet, it is supposed to go into sleep mode.due to the magnets in the case. For a few months, it was doing this fairly reliably, but this feature no longer seems to work, at least not reliably. When I close the case with the tablet almost fully charged, then open it a few hours later, the tablet is hot and nearly out of power, where before it would have been cool and still had most of its charge; moreover, before, when I opened the case, the screen would be black, then turn on a moment later, now it's already on when I open the case. I conclude from this that the sleep mode isn't engaging.

This is NOT a case of not lining up the magnets or anything simple like that, as I can feel them resisting when I try to open the case.

This is a major nuisance as it's causing me to have to recharge daily and to often have a drained, useless tablet in spite of doing so. The heat worries me as well. How can I get this feature to work again?

May 16, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: I believe I may have solved my own problem. I recently bought a Bluetooth keyboard for this tablet to play with. If Bluetooth is turned on and the keyboard is anywhere nearby, it pines for the keyboard when it should be sleeping. If I turn Bluetooth off (when it isn't actually in use), it seems, so far anyway, to be working normally.

I will edit any further updates into this post, but if I am not heard from for a couple of days, assume this was the issue.