Nexus 7 WiFi problems

Ben Paterson

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a problem with my nexus 7. It connects to the internet but the WiFi icon is grey. Chrome works but the play store and YouTube etc does not work, if anyone can help I would be grateful :)

Posted via Android Central App

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting your WiFi router. That's the easiest first step. Report back if it doesn't work (or even if it does work).

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Try turning airplane mode on waiting a but then off. Also can try flipping the wifi off and on. This is the only way I can get mine to work

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine does it (gray icon) when there are competing wifi on the same channel at about the same signal strength.
It also seems to do more often with the latest Android update.

It has become clear to me that the N7 is a beta device that Goog uses to test their software and probably hardware. Less enamored with it than initially. Concept great but implementation not so much.

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Wifi fixer seems to work for me but I need to try in more locations to be sure.
There are other wifi "fix" apps in the play store. Maybe one of them would work.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have finnaly fixed it, what I have done is I installed smooth ROM and now the WiFi is working well :)

Posted via Android Central App

Wonder what was done in the Smooth ROM to get wifi to stay blue and not swap to gray randomly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Wifi fixer seems to work for me but I need to try in more locations to be sure.
There are other wifi "fix" apps in the play store. Maybe one of them would work.

Well I tried in a location I used to work OK & it doesn't connect. Stays gray.
Back to square 1. There are many discussions of this on net.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463