Is this normal?

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 seems to be charging pretty slow and this is in AC mode with the correct charger being used??? If the battery is completely drained and you want to use it while it charges back up you carnt because it still shutsdown due to no battery even when its plugged in? Is this normal guys it never used to do this I'm thinking of sending it back as the warranty is up in a few months

Thanks

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 seems to be charging pretty slow and this is in AC mode with the correct charger being used??? If the battery is completely drained and you want to use it while it charges back up you carnt because it still shutsdown due to no battery even when its plugged in? Is this normal guys it never used to do this I'm thinking of sending it back as the warranty is up in a few months

Thanks

How long does it take to charge up if you don't use it while you are charging? Mine will only charge at about 0.8 to 0.9 amps with the charger supplied with it or with my 1.8 amp Blackberry Playbook charger. This is not enough to keep up with moderately heavy demand. Apps you can look at tk evaluate charging problems include Gauge Battery, Battery Graph, and Battery Doctor which are all free in Google Play.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

If it is really drained than you need to let it charge for a while until you try to power it on. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so and then try to power up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
If it is completely dead, let it charge up a bit before you start using it again. Once at 0%, the load from usage will not allow it to properly charge back up at a fast enough rate. You cannot simply plug it in when it's at 0% and expect it to work normally.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Is that normal then? Does everyones need to charge up for a while before you can really use it

Pretty normal for me because mine will not charge fast enough using the factory supplied charger to keep up with fairly heavy use.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop