Screen Issue

spuckk

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
After a while, when the screen gets a bit grubby, I begin to see loads of dark patches of varying shapes and sizes. When the screen is clean, like when you can basically use it as a mirror, there are no visual anomalies. I've had my tablet for just over 5 months now (got it on Christmas day) and have only noticed these 'blobs' this morning. The thing is, you can't clean them off - it seems to be finger prints and general smudging through use that reveals them in the first place - because when I clean the screen, these dark blobs reappear in exactly the same place. I'm guessing this something to do with the adhesive that attaches the screen to the chassis - like it's coming unstuck or something. I have actually tried pressing down on the blobs when I can see them to see if they go, but they don't so maybe this isn't the issue at all.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a photograph because my cameras didn't pick up/highlight the problem very well.

Any help/advice will be appreciated. :)

Cheers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't sweat it--that's pretty common, and I daresay normal, for LCD screens. Every device I've owned has this phenomenon. It's only noticeable to me when viewing the screen in a very dark room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums