Any chance I can backup some data from emulated SD from boot loop?

FireDragonDoL

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck in a boot loop: nexus 7 stuck on X screen. I have enabled debug previously because I tried application development, but now I can only access to fastboot or otherwise I got stuck.

Any way I can backup something from SD and internal storage? I have some nice tasker tasks, game saves and so on which I didn't backup and this is really boring. My Nexus 7 is unrooted/locked, so really I have no idea how this happened, but it doesn't look like faulty hardware.
Here you can find logs of what happens when I try to boot: https://gist.github.com/Fire-Dragon-DoL/5697723

Any suggestion appreciated.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You said you have access to fastboot. Does that mean you have access to adb? If so, and you know what you are looking for, you might be able to "adb pull" from the storage. If not, then I think you're screwed...

FireDragonDoL

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried with adb pull, nothing to do... formatted a moment ago, sigh.
I've unlocked it and fixed it this time. What are the consequences of keeping it unlocked? I don't want to re-lock it, I don't want to face another time the same situation.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's any reason to re lock it. It gives you more flexibility.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

FireDragonDoL

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there's any reason to re lock it. It gives you more flexibility.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
I've heared by some people that some apps block you if your phone is rooted. I don't understand, however, if having it unlocked but NOT rooted will still create issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech