Hi,

I just got my Google nexus 7 tablet and am attempting to set it up. All the apps and sign in procedures prompt you to connect to a gmail account. I have an existing email account through my university (.nyu.edu) which is linked to a Google account. However when I type in my email (...@nyu.edu) and my password the tablet says the username and password do not match even though they are both correct. How do I set up the tablet with my existing account without being forced to create a new gmail account? Has anyone experienced this problem?

Any help would be aappreciated. Thank you!!
    06-08-2013 10:39 PM
    Hi,

I just got my Google nexus 7 tablet and am attempting to set it up. All the apps and sign in procedures prompt you to connect to a gmail account. I have an existing email account through my university (.nyu.edu) which is linked to a Google account. However when I type in my email (...@nyu.edu) and my password the tablet says the username and password do not match even though they are both correct. How do I set up the tablet with my existing account without being forced to create a new gmail account? Has anyone experienced this problem?

Any help would be aappreciated. Thank you!!
    Have you tried using your actual gmail account? You can also sign into your nyu account using the stock email app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-08-2013 10:42 PM
    Give up. Sign in with a gmail and setup your accounts with with school address.
    06-08-2013 10:42 PM
    Really need to use your Gmail name and login.. Your Android experience will be better for it. As said earlier you can also set up your school email using the email app separately afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Slender Troll likes this.
    06-08-2013 11:19 PM
    why don't you create a new gmail account? its stays with you forever unlike your @nyu.edu account

and android need a real google account and wont work with a connected account. they stopped doing that a long time ago.
    06-09-2013 12:23 AM