Help! Plug not working.

TINKERTONKER

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm new here and would like some advice. I bought two Nexus 7 32gb tablets last December but yesterday one of the plugs stopped working. I've tried to see if it would work in the other Nexus but no joy. I then returned it to the shop I bought it from and have now been told I will have to send my nexus 7 tablet with the dodgy plug just to get the plug sorted. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Can anyone give me any advice? Cheers.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but which plug are you referring to? If it's the charger or cable, you shouldn't need to return the tablet just to get those replaced. But if the problem is with the actual tablet port, then yeah, you do need to send it in either for repairs or replacement (it all depends on the terms of your warranty).

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The shop told you you had to send both tablet and charger in? If the AC adapter part is bad, call Asus customer service and get an RMA arranged for it. I'm pretty sure they can replace it for you without you having to send in the whole tablet. You will have to send us the bad charger first before we can send out the new one, though; but it's a whole lot better than sending in everything for a bad AC charger.