RE: Pictures catagorized in folder/sub folders

Dayvidpriddy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
RE: Pictures catagorized in folder/sub folders

Hi,

I tried the quickpic app, it's better than the gallary app for sure but still one thing is missing. It ignores any folder that has subfolders and will only show subfolders that are inside a main folder...for instance Apple's iOS shows the folder names period (whether there are subfolders within a main folder or not) and it keeps things much easier to find. Think of how you browse folders on a computer, same concept, is there not a way to do this on Android tablets?

Thanks!

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pictures catagorized in folder/sub folders

well there certainly is a way to do it in Android; there is nothing that would prevent a developer from doing that. However, I use quickpic so I don't know off hand if there are any apps with this functionality. You can try installing different apps to see if any of them do that. I don't imagine it is going to be common because there are very few people that take the time to organize photos.

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I was looking for the same functionality, so I can answer your question. If you start QuickPic, there is a small icon in the upper right corner that looks like a mountainscape. Tap it and change the view from "Album" to "Explorer". The app will then allow you to browse by folder and subfolders. Note that the icon disappears while you are actually in a folder/album, so it's a bit hard to spot.

"F-Stop Media Gallery" is another very good gallery app that supports nested folders, but it's a bit pricey. I still think it's worthwhile, as for some reason QuickPic runs slow on the Nexus 7. F-Stop is much smoother.

Dayvidpriddy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Nora I tried that with the explorer thing, while it worked correctly with some folders with others it did not. I will try the other one you suggested, is there a trial for it? I don't want to buy it if it doesn't work:) I agree, the quickpic app is a bit slow...

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

Nora I tried that with the explorer thing, while it worked correctly with some folders with others it did not.
That's strange, it always worked for me. All my images are in subfolders (and subfolders of subfolders :)) of the "Pictures" folder and I can navigate through the directory structure as expected. Oh, and you can manually add "Pictures" to the list of folders to be searched, there is an option for that somewhere. By default QuickPic indexes the entire directory tree of the device, perhaps that's where things go wrong for you. Just a shot in the dark, though.

I will try the other one you suggested, is there a trial for it? I don't want to buy it if it doesn't work:) I agree, the quickpic app is a bit slow...
Yes, there is a trial on Google Play, but unfortunately the nested folders are a premium feature missing from the free version.

jaseelye

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

I am on the team that develops F-Stop Media Gallery. I am confident that our nested folders will do what you want. NoraMelua is correct that this is a paid feature. However, Android has a built-in 15 minute return window if it doesn't meet your needs.

Regards,
Jason Seelye

Last edited by a moderator:

Michaelms1

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

I don't have an icon of a mountains cape in the top right corner of my quick pic app, just the 3 little dots are there. How am I going to do what you said in order to make sub folders inside my folders without that icon on my app? I have an android 5.1.1 phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer