Nexus 7 wont load

afcbob

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi i have a Nexus 7 thats been rooted and rom put on it cant rember what one.
The problem is yesterday it started playing up running very slow so i turned it or to restart it now only loads up to the x logo.

I tried the fix where you plug it in and power off from the bootloader still no luck.

Checked the battery is connected in side as seen that can be a problem thats fine.

any help would be great

thanks

afcbob

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No one manage to help even if i have to reload the files and install it again just dont know how to get the files on as my mac wont pick it up to up files on

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming you have a custom recovery installed since you rooted and romed. Can you boot into the bootloader or recovery at all?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply I can get to the boot loader but not sure what to do next

Alright, if you can get into the boot loader, use the volume keys to navigate down to the text that says recovery. Press the power button to select. What do you see?

afcbob

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
It goes in to clockworkmod recovery v6.9.0.6
Then has
Reboot system
Install zip from sdcard
Wipe cache partition
Backup and restore
Mounts and storage
Advanced

That's it

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think you only have two options here. (The easiest, at least). You can restore via the nandroid backup, or you can reflash the ROM, which I assume is still sitting safe in your SD.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
To reflash to ROM, you would want to clear system data, clear cache, and then to to advances and clear dalvik cache, and the go to load zip from ROM and navigate until you find it. I suggest trying to find the ROM before clearing anything just to be certain that it is still there. Don't flash it until you have cleared everything though (it won't mess with your internal/external memory.)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
not trying to be mean, but that's why I told you to check for the ROM first before deleting anything, and that's also why I asked if you had a nandroid backup before I told you to enter recovery. It is crucial to make at least one backup before ever roming anything.

I'm not sure how to help you now since you said you can't find the ROM, and you don't have a backup.

afcbob

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
no i never did any of the step you told me when the problem first started i tried the factory reset think this would help but it never.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
no i never did any of the step you told me when the problem first started i tried the factory reset think this would help but it never.

Ohh, OK I'm sorry, I thought you said you went ahead and cleared everything. I apologize. In that case, is your computer registering the tablet when you plug it in? Go to computer and see if it pops up as removable storage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams