Type Password to Decrypt Storage?

BboyDfresh

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
How should/do I fix this? I haven't done anything funky to the device, except maybe rooting it. One day, when I was powering it on it just gave me this message. I have never set a password, and tried every password I could think of. What should I do?

Paddy Greener

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello All,

I am very Happy to say that when i too face such problem i jus come to google from where i got this forum and place , by listening and seen so much threats ,I got very easy and good solution for it.

Steps:
1- Put out all urs Sim, memory card ,mobile battery from mobile.
2- Put other sim & restart it.
3- Again put out new sim again and mobile battery too.
4- Again put urs old sim means- original sim & jus restart urs Mobile all get fine...

My mobile is working as working earlier , Try It :) .
Thanking You,

Regards,

Er. Pradeep.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't encrypt the device and you know it was not encrypted, then there is no password. Your /data partition is probably corrupted.

If the Nexus 7 sees a /data partition it cannot read, it assumes it is encrypted, asks you for the password, and tries to decrypt it using that password. If the decrypt fails, it assumes you entered the wrong password and asks again. Your trouble is almost certainly that the /data partition is corrupted due to a hardware problem. So no password in the world is going to decrypt a corrupted bit of storage.

[Q] Type Password to Decrypt Storage after 4… | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums

The thread linked above has instructions on how you might be able to reformat that partition. Maybe. Or it might be corrupted badly enough that you cannot reformat it.

TurTle Franklin

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
12-8-16
HTC ONE my girlfriend brought two years ago on Amazon,kept stating low memory. Trying to clear space week after,frustration set in. Started deleting things I wasn't two sure of and may have deleted something vital. Now for pass week all I get is screen for decryption. Have slightest ideal what that is,please someone help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay