Hi,

What is the easiest way to access video content from a PC on to Nexus? I have tried a few things, but not much luck so far

1. Tried Plex server on PC, plus the player on Nexus : Plex cannot stream/play DVD folders.
    2. Tried streaming from VLC player on PC. When I went to access http://192.168.1.xxx:8080, the VLC player on my nexus just does nothing - blank screen. After a while it errors out with a plain error "cannot play this video. Anyways this requires too much setup. From what I could get from it, one has to manually stream something from VLC and then one can only watch what is being streamed. I need something with which I can browse the videos on my PC. An interface like Plex player would be nice.
    3. Forums talks of BS player, will give it a try. But I do not like what it is trying to do - accessing file folders over LAN. Again a interface like Plex player which understand the video folder structure, and NOT just files in folders would be nice. i.e. Plex reads up all the files in say "Gladiator" and it understands that the files inside the folder are for 1 movie and NOT a bunch of unconnected files.

I am ready to buy an app. The solution that I think would work is a server running on my PC and then a player on my nexus. Exactly like Plex, but just with the addition that it can play DVD media.
    07-04-2013 12:32 PM
    I use a file manager like Solid Explorer or ES File Manager to access the shared folders on my PC and MX Player Pro to stream videos. For DVD folders, Wondershare Player works nicely. I can give you more details if you want to know more.
    07-04-2013 05:40 PM
    I use a file manager like Solid Explorer or ES File Manager to access the shared folders on my PC and MX Player Pro to stream videos. For DVD folders, Wondershare Player works nicely. I can give you more details if you want to know more.
    I like using BubbleUPnP app as the 'streaming' app and MX PlayerPro for the 'player' app. MX player will play any file with it's SW setting.
    07-08-2013 02:51 PM
    I personally use Plex. It won't stream DVD folders, so I store my DVDs as unconverted MKV files. These work like a champ with Plea on my tablet, phone, and Google TV.
    07-15-2013 01:23 AM