Google Nexus 7 with Android 4.1 or 4.2?

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the Nexus 7, loved the size since I previously owned an 7" toshiba thrive. I'm thinking of buying one from Amazon, they have the 16gb Nexus 7 with Android 4.1 shipped as well as an 32gb Nexus 7 with Android 4.2 shipped. Price for both are very similar.

I have read that Nexus 7 with Android 4.1 runs very smoothly because there is Project Butter. I don't think Android 4.2 have Project butter from what I can read online.

So, which version should I get? Hard drive space capacity is not an deciding factor as I don't plan to install a lot of games on it and that I can always transfer files to my computer hard drive.
I want an Android version OS that run the smoothest and fastest, which I heard has been 4.1. While I heard people upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 they would notice the Nexus slowed down dramatically after the upgrade.

If The Nexus 7 came with Android 4.2 installed, can I downgrade to 4.1? By unlocking the bootloader? Is unlocking the bootloader let me install whatever Android OS version I want on my tablet and able to root it later? I am new to android rooting and unlocking, hopesomeone can tell me more, thanks!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the Nexus 7, loved the size since I previously owned an 7" toshiba thrive. I'm thinking of buying one from Amazon, they have the 16gb Nexus 7 with Android 4.1 shipped as well as an 32gb Nexus 7 with Android 4.2 shipped. Price for both are very similar.

I have read that Nexus 7 with Android 4.1 runs very smoothly because there is Project Butter. I don't think Android 4.2 have Project butter from what I can read online.

So, which version should I get? Hard drive space capacity is not an deciding factor as I don't plan to install a lot of games on it and that I can always transfer files to my computer hard drive.
I want an Android version OS that run the smoothest and fastest, which I heard has been 4.1. While I heard people upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 they would notice the Nexus slowed down dramatically after the upgrade.

If The Nexus 7 came with Android 4.2 installed, can I downgrade to 4.1? By unlocking the bootloader? Is unlocking the bootloader let me install whatever Android OS version I want on my tablet and able to root it later? I am new to android rooting and unlocking, hopesomeone can tell me more, thanks!

Umm 4.2 has project butter.

Posted via Android Central App

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just make sure that you turn of the sync for google currents. It seems to be causing lag problems in 4.2.2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar