Need help, noob here.

abuca

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a nexus 7, and I need to get movies from a CD onto it. How might I accomplish this, I have downloaded MX player but I dont know how to work it.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
What type of format are the movies in? I would move the files to your computer first, and then transfer them onto the table. Or store on a cloud-based service where you can access from using the tablet.

abuca

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
How would I exactly figure out the format? I think mp4 but im not sure. Also, how would I move the files to my computer and how do I transfer them?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
How would I exactly figure out the format? I think mp4 but im not sure. Also, how would I move the files to my computer and how do I transfer them?

Have to check on PC. If you do find out a way to do this please PM me ad I can't even get family videos on to my N7 from a camcorder dvd

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you guys are talking about DVDs, it?s not as simple as putting the DVD in a computer and copying the files off of it.

There are a couple of steps to take:

1. You need to copy the files off the DVD. This is generally referred to as ?ripping? the DVD. If the DVD is DRM-protected, there are ways to circumvent that. But discussing it here is probably not allowed. You?ll need to find out more about it yourself.

2. You need to convert the ripped files into a format that can be played back by whatever player you want to play it with. You?ll need some sort of video converter or editor application to do so. This is a rather time consuming process especially if you don?t have a fast PC.

3. Then you can copy the outputted file to your N7 to play it.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
If you guys are talking about DVDs, it?s not as simple as putting the DVD in a computer and copying the files off of it.

There are a couple of steps to take:

1. You need to copy the files off the DVD. This is generally referred to as ?ripping? the DVD. If the DVD is DRM-protected, there are ways to circumvent that. But discussing it here is probably not allowed. You?ll need to find out more about it yourself.

2. You need to convert the ripped files into a format that can be played back by whatever player you want to play it with. You?ll need some sort of video converter or editor application to do so. This is a rather time consuming process especially if you don?t have a fast PC.

3. Then you can copy the outputted file to your N7 to play it.

I'm not exactly sure what they mean either, but to piggyback on your post.

On a Windows PC with optical drive:
1. DVDFab to rip DVD
2. Handbrake to convert DVD files to mp4 (resulting mp4 will be about 1/4 the size of the DVD)
3. Share folder that videos are in with your home network to transfer mp4 over LAN wifi (unless you want to use the USB cable to transfer media)

On Nexus 7:
1. ES File Explorer to copy mp4 from shared pc folder to the Nexus 7 over LAN (Or just stream the video from its shared location on the pc)
2. BS Player to watch videos on Nexus 7 (The Google Play Movies and TV app will play the mp4s also)

EDIT: All these apps are free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae