Title says it all.

Seems like this would be a cleaner way to play movies that I have stored on and downloaded from my desktop PC.

10dorado
    07-14-2013 06:03 PM
    Title says it all.

Seems like this would be a cleaner way to play movies that I have stored on and downloaded from my desktop PC.

10dorado
    Actually, I prefer BS Player. I have tried many others over the last three years (MX Player included) and BS Player is able decode just about any video format. Real Player might be a good option if you want an all in one mp3 and mp4 video player with a nice interface, but BS Player is the only one I have found that can handle those pesky mkv and avi container formats without losing the audio and video sync or giving an error.
    07-15-2013 09:59 AM
    +1 for BS Player. The LAN mode is sweet!

[edit]: And to be honest, I did not know that real even existed anymore. Can't say I've considered them relevant for many years...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-15-2013 11:37 AM
    [edit]: And to be honest, I did not know that real even existed anymore. Can't say I've considered them relevant for many years...
    Besides, I'm always a little suspicious of anything from Real Networks, given the track record of the PC version of RealPlayer. There were issues with adware/spyware, and Real Networks also made it extremely difficult to uninstall. Really underhanded stuff.
    07-15-2013 12:01 PM
    +1 for BS Player. The LAN mode is sweet!

Since you mentioned LAN mode I think it is a good idea to mention the fix for the glitch which some people have experienced when trying to access their NAS through BS Player's LAN mode. If you get an "error connecting to share" message, follow these steps (from within BS Player):

1.Press and hold the LAN address and select EDIT
    2.Change the Address NAME (second line) to anything you like
    3.Now try to open the folder again
    I had to do this on mine.
    07-15-2013 01:04 PM