Hey everyone, I recently sent my Nexus 7 32gb model back to Asus about 7 months after buying it. I had digitizer issues, and the device thought I was pressing the home button and several other parts of the screen ALL THE TIME. it was very infuriating, so I sent it to Asus, after consulting customer service and getting an RMA. it came back factory reset, which is odd, because I have watched people replace the digitizer, and not once did they even have to turn the device on, so why reset it? but I thought maybe it was a different device, and let it go. but the it started "ghosting" again, just as badly as when I sent it in. what should I do now? can I request a trade, my shot Nexus 7 for a new unit, because I don't think they can/will fix mine. any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    07-22-2013 07:57 PM
    Just from my own experience with sending my N7 back to Asus - you will need to send it back over 3 times before they even consider replacement of your unit. I sent my unit back 3 times for the exact same problem each time. All I think they did was reset and check for boot up and mail it back. On the 3rd RMA I was trying all sorts of reasoning with customer support as to why I want to request a replacement. The sad part is the customer support people can't /won't contact the service center so you can try to explain yourself to the people who will actually be doing the repair. And forget about including a note with your RMA asking for the repair group to call you - that doesn't seem to work either.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-22-2013 10:46 PM
    Well you're lucky - sort of.
    My magnetometer has never worked (I bought the unit for navigation). ASUS say send it back to retailer. Retailer say it is a Google issue. Google have no hardware outlet/service in NZ. End of issue as far as ASUS are concerned.
    I have seen so many other issues unsatisfactorily resolved (unresolved?) on forums that I'm surprised that noone hasn't taken out a class action against these bastards
    07-23-2013 06:29 AM