Force the 4.3 OTA

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
You will loose ROOT if you do this update - should only do this on a stock N7

I've been trying to get the 4.3 OTA since it appeared in the ASOP. I was finally able to "force" the OTA by following these simple instructions:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps

2. Find the Google Services Framework

3. Force Stop the app and then clear the data.

4. Go to Settings > About Tablet > System Update

5. The date should now show 12/31/1969 or something like that from 1969.

6. Check for the update.

I had to do this step 3 times, but it finally worked.

android4_3.png

Good luck!

Last edited:

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick FYI....after the update, I could not update or install any apps from the Google Play Store. After an hour or so of frustration and searching the web for a solution, I contacted Google and spoke to "Audrey" and got this solution.

Delete your Google account: Settings > Under Accounts, select Google > Select your account > three vertical dots at the top right > Remove account (if you have multiple accounts, delete them all).

Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Store
Clear the data and cache

Re-add your Google account and downloads from the Play Store should now work.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine didn't work for like 10 times. What did the trick was restarting it haha. So if anyone has been doing the instructions with no luck try a restart.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Try this in the Dialer *#*#checkin#*#* then check if there's an update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Wullie32

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick FYI....after the update, I could not update or install any apps from the Google Play Store. After an hour or so of frustration and searching the web for a solution, I contacted Google and spoke to "Audrey" and got this solution.

Delete your Google account: Settings > Under Accounts, select Google > Select your account > three vertical dots at the top right > Remove account (if you have multiple accounts, delete them all).

Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Store
Clear the data and cache

Re-add your Google account and downloads from the Play Store should now work.

I got this too, thanks for the solution.

jabwtv

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I gave up after 20 tries. At what amount of time should I worry about not ever getting the update?

Posted via Android Central App

sidroid

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to get the 4.3 OTA since it appeared in the ASOP. I was finally able to "force" the OTA by following these simple instructions:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps

2. Find the Google Services Framework

3. Force Stop the app and then clear the data.

4. Go to Settings > About Tablet > System Update

5. The date should now show 12/31/1969 or something like that from 1969.

6. Check for the update.

I had to do this step 3 times, but it finally worked.

Good luck!

Worked like a charm. Not sure if this helps, but on clearing the data there would be a popup about location services. Clicking on "Disagree" and then checking for update did the trick.

marathone

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Worked 1st time. I waited for the location mgr prompt b4 checking for update. Don't know if that's the reason.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I gave up after 20 tries. At what amount of time should I worry about not ever getting the update?

Posted via Android Central App

Don't worry about it. When I first got my Nexus 4, everyone else here seemed to get the 4.2.2 update before me. It was a week after the update started rolling out before my Nexus 4 finally got it.

I still don't have 4.3. on my Nexus 4 or 7. It will happen when it happens.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
We've had 4.2.2 for the last few months, and it's been perfectly fine. Why all of a sudden do we act like we can't wait to get rid of it? (My instinct is to feel that way, but I'm trying to keep it under control ;))

I got 4.3 on my Nexus 7 yesterday, but my Nexus 4 and my wife's Galaxy Nexus haven't received it yet.

Don't worry about it. When I first got my Nexus 4, everyone else here seemed to get the 4.2.2 update before me. It was a week after the update started rolling out before my Nexus 4 finally got it.

I still don't have 4.3. on my Nexus 4 or 7. It will happen when it happens.

That's the correct attitude!

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought JBQ on Google+ confirmed that there's no point in clearing framework? Other than breaking push notifications, I think it's a big placebo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

djprestigio

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I decided to try it once expecting it not to work since I've been clicking check update for the past few days and to my surprise my N7 is updating to 4.3 as soon as I did this. Thanks OP :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci