Louder audio after 4.3

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I received my 4.3 update for my Nexus 7 two days ago. Originally one of my biggest gripes was that the audio was too quiet and best heard at maximum volume when using headphones. Now after the update I have tried Netflix and found the volume at a very comfortable listening level of just over half way. Hope this isn't just a fluke. Anyone else notice a boost in volume in other apps?

My nearly perfect nexus 7 just got more perfectier :p

Posted via Android Central App

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
INow after the update I have tried Netflix and found the volume at a very comfortable listening level of just over half way. Hope this isn't just a fluke. Anyone else notice a boost in volume in other apps?
Yeah, I noticed it too! I use "TuneIn Radio" and "Dood's Music Streamer" a lot, both seem louder on 4.3. And I thought I was making things up, lol!

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, various media playback (TuneIn, VLC, GoneMAD Music and video streaming via Firefox / Flash Player) seems louder, but that might just be wishful thinking supported by threads like this. An Audio Placebo, as it were.
:)
Probably feel more certain about it if I could find anything in the 4.3 notes that make reference to sound improvements. Might just have been a case of cleaned up code might have accidentally done what we wished for?

Still, one wonders who was the bright spark engineer who thought putting the speakers on the back of the old (and new) N7 in the first place. Talk about start with a handicap.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
They should have put them behind the glass of the touchscreen?

Well, I was sort of thinking along the lines of the twin speakers along the bottom of the Apple Mini or - and here's a radical thought - on the front, facing the user, as is done on the HTC One phone - in their case, along a bottom bezel. Just a thought. Placing speakers on the back, facing away from the user and most likely covered by a hand/supporting surface, seems to be...uh...(be polite)...counter-intuitive?

;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21