Problem with 4.3 update

Aivicx

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I have Nexus 7 4.2.2 (rooted), everything works fine. I got message that 4.3 is available OTA, tried to install, but an error showed up and after that system says: "you're up to date" still with 4.2.2. and OTA is no more available. After that I downloaded official 4.3 and tried to sideload it with Wugfresh, but had no success - after the message "now the send the package you want apply.." it started to update, PC said everything was finished, but N7 throwed up an error. N7 rebooted and it is still 4.2.2.
What could be the problem? How to to solve it?

Last edited:

SiempreTuna

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sounds to me like you had a lucky break!

Lots of people have had similar issue with the install but even more have been having problems with all kinds of things when the install has succeeded - lots of apps not working, Play not working, errors appearing all over the place. Sounds a complete dog's dinner.

The update downloaded to my N4 last night, but I'm holding off installing it and waiting for 4.3.1 which will hopefully be along soon and will resolve some of the multitude of issues people have been having.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Lots of people have had similar issue with the install but even more have been having problems with all kinds of things when the install has succeeded - lots of apps not working, Play not working, errors appearing all over the place. Sounds a complete dog's dinner.

With all due respect...

Apps always break after os updates. That is simply how things work. Then the app devs update their apps and everyone forgets there was ever a problem.

Play not working: this is caused by people forcing the update by clearing google services framework. So this is the user's own damn fault.

You make it sound like the majority of users are having problems after this update...I can assure you the users with [real] issues are a tiny minority.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
With all due respect...

Apps always break after os updates. That is simply how things work. Then the app devs update their apps and everyone forgets there was ever a problem.

Play not working: this is caused by people forcing the update by clearing google services framework. So this is the user's own damn fault.

You make it sound like the majority of users are having problems after this update...I can assure you the users with [real] issues are a tiny minority.

Well I (eventually) did the Google Services Framework work-around to get my N7 to find / download 4.3 and that install went fine. As for Google Play, lots of reports of this not working, regardless of install method and the resolution to this is equally reported (delete your Google account, then Add it back on - and I didn't need to clear the Play cache as some have done), so not a biggie.

As for apps not working, you're right. This happens. The only one I'm aware of so far has been MX Player PRO (this too documented out there) - this I've sidelined until an update is downloaded and have installed the VLC Player BETA as my default video playback in the meantime. Works fine.

Meanwhile, there's some reports that audio speaker volume has actually improved (though no official 4.3 comments on this) so it may simply be wishful thinking.

Otherwise, its worth remembering that those who do experience problems (regardless of with what) are usually the loudest to complain. I'd like to think I'm in the majority who has no problems.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My device was working fine before the update. After, it lags like crazy. Things that used to take a second or two can take thirty seconds or a minute. I don't know what to do. Factory reset?

SiempreTuna

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With all due respect...

So .. none?

:D

You could well be right and obviously there's a huge sampling 'error' in that people who are happy won't be posting, however I'm seeing way, way more people having problems with 4.3 than I ever did with 4.2.2. I also don't recall rumours from what appear to be reasonably well informed sources that Google released the wrong version of the code.

Obviously, if what you say about the majority of users being fine is correct that's great, but when I asked the question on another forum, the number of people reporting no problems was outnumbered by the people claiming to have had some issue or other.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
4.2.2 was a minor point update so comparing 4.3 to it is just invalid. 4.2 on the other hand certainly had many people reporting lag due to the multi-user implementation in 4.2. In fact, this is the primary reason my n7 is still on 4.1.2. :p

And in terms of the wrong release, it just means some fixes that users should have gotten they didn't. It's not like the release they got was a regression or anything...

Reehpinto

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

last sunday I updated my Nexus 4 for android 4.3, but after that I can not hear anything on my phone, only if you're putting on my headset or speakerphone, but in normal mode I hear nothing. People listen to me, but I hear nothing. Please help me! Know what can solve this?

Thanks a lot ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suggest posting your issue in the Nexus 4 forum, since this is the Nexus 7 forum. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app