Charger not working

TINKERTONKER

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! Well I said I would update you all about the situation regarding my charger not charging my Nexus 7 32gb tablet. I called Asus UK and I have been told that I have to send my tablet with the faulty charger if I want the situation resolved. They said it could take anytime between 10 - 31 days to fix and obviously this is absolutely ridiculous but this is how it is unfortunately. The problem is my Nexus is the only computer I have at the moment so I'll be completely lost without it. Opinions would be appreciated. Cheers.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
+1

I would try it with another charger before sending the tablet for service. Micro USB chargers are quite inexpensive these days. I have a spare at the office and another in the car for coffee shops.

TINKERTONKER

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I feel that I shouldn't have to buy one but they are making the situation so difficult that I will probably go and do just that. My Nexus is only 5 months old.

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I feel that I shouldn't have to buy one but they are making the situation so difficult that I will probably go and do just that. My Nexus is only 5 months old.

Posted via Android Central App

You most certainly shouldn't, but that is why I said for convenience. Nothing convenient about having to go a month or two without your device :p

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
You most certainly shouldn't, but that is why I said for convenience. Nothing convenient about having to go a month or two without your device :p

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I agree.. Purchase a new charger but make absolutely sure it will charge at 2.1 mAh out

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Have found HP Touchpad and Blackberry Playbook split blade chargers will work. The HP Touchpad charger will charge at about 1.5 amps while the Asus charger suplied with the N7 and the PB charger only charge at rate of about 900 amps which is not enough to gain charge if you are using the N7. Charging rate can be checked using Battery Graph. Other apps I have used are Battery Doctor and Gauge Battery. All three have free versions in Play World.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781