Nexus 7 doesn't appear in Android Device Manager

arrigob

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Same here. My Droid Razr shows up just fine, but no Nexus 7 listed at all. I have verified it is on and even turned it off and back on but that did nothing.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps it just hasn't been fully pushed to your device.

I'm seeing similar, my Nexus 7 2nd gen is in device manager and I can track it fine, however my GS4 phone is not. Both devices show it in device administrators under security, however If I go to the Google settings app, only my Nexus 7 shows the options for device manager.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 4 and 7 show up but not my vzw galaxy nexus. Oddly the nexus 7 I returned for screen lift a few months back does show up on the list (no I can't wipe it or anything, it's just on the list).

Posted via Android Central App

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
This is posted on the device manager help page, did the trick for me:

If your Android device doesn't appear in Android Device Manager, or if you see Unknown location despite your device being online and running Google Play services version 3.2.25 or higher, follow these steps:

1. Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.
2.Touch Android Device Manager.
3. Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
4. Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
5. Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
6. Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
7. Restart your device.
Once your device restarts, wait around five minutes and refresh android.com/devicemanager.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
This is posted on the device manager help page, did the trick for me:

If that doesn't work, so back into Google Settings, then click on Location. On my tablet the Access Location box was unchecked. Once that box was checked ADM now sees my tablet.

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The Google Device Manager in your device may not be activated. Try this:

Go to "Settings" and select "Security", then tap on "Device Administrators". You will now see "Android Device Manager". If it’s unchecked, it means it’s disabled. To re-enable it, just tap on it and tap Activate at the bottom of the next screen. Android Device Manager should now be checked and in service.

Have a nice day !!

SLo