Well crud...dropped it

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Last April, my grandson dropped my first N7. The screen broke. I didn't want to wait for the 2013 version, so I went to Staples and replaced it. Thankfully, I bought the warranty that included breakage protection. Last night, I dropped it and the screen broke. It's on, but it's cracked all over, and there's no response. I can't even unlock it.

I called Staples protection plans this morning, and already have a giftcard in hand to replace it! I was shocked at how painless that was, and the card arrived in my email within an hour of the phone call. I'll be going at lunch to get my replacement. They don't even want it back. I'm glad, because there is some personal information on it. I'm very happy with the protection plan from Staples. Very painless, and I can get the updated version for just a little more.

I think I'll get the protection plan on the new one since I am such a klutz....so now I have two N7's with broken screens. I may buy the screen and digitizer and see if I can fix at least one of them myself.

Just needed to vent....

Stu2009

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing like good customer service and talking to live people about your problem. I am very happy at the outcome...