Downloads Folder Does Not Display Files I've Downloaded Into It

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have a 16 GB Google Nexus 7 with Android 4.3. (Last year?s model, not the newest one.)

The Nexus 7 is hooked up to my desktop computer via a USB cable, but I also have a wireless router.

I?ve downloaded a few things to the Downloads folder. One of the things I downloaded was the .apk file for ES File Explorer. The other things are some MP4 files of television shows.
These items are not appearing in the Downloads folder. I can select the MP4 files in the Play Movies & TV app, but they aren?t listed in the Downloads folder.

I was wondering why this is. Why aren?t files I download into the Downloads folder appearing there? I?ve shut off the tablet and restarted it, but the files still don?t appear.

My desktop PC is running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

Thank you! Jd

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
A follow-up comment, to elaborate on the original post: I installed ES File Explorer directly via Google Play on the tablet. Now, here's what's going on: The Downloads folder displays properly with ES File Explorer. So, I deleted the .apk file for that app. It displays the .MP4 files properly.

However, when I view the Downloads folder via the icon on the main menu screen, I see an old .apk file for an Amazon Kindle update. Its name is AmazonApps-release.apk. I deleted that .apk file! Why is it still appearing in the Downloads folder, and why is everything else NOT appearing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the cache for Downloads and Download Manager. Go to Settings/Apps/All, and select those apps to clear the cache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance