Hi everyone.

I have a 16 GB Google Nexus 7 with Android 4.3. (Last years model, not the newest one.)

The Nexus 7 is hooked up to my desktop computer via a USB cable, but I also have a wireless router.

Ive downloaded a few things to the Downloads folder. One of the things I downloaded was the .apk file for ES File Explorer. The other things are some MP4 files of television shows.
    These items are not appearing in the Downloads folder. I can select the MP4 files in the Play Movies & TV app, but they arent listed in the Downloads folder.

I was wondering why this is. Why arent files I download into the Downloads folder appearing there? Ive shut off the tablet and restarted it, but the files still dont appear.

My desktop PC is running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

Thank you! Jd
    08-20-2013 05:30 PM
    A follow-up comment, to elaborate on the original post: I installed ES File Explorer directly via Google Play on the tablet. Now, here's what's going on: The Downloads folder displays properly with ES File Explorer. So, I deleted the .apk file for that app. It displays the .MP4 files properly.

However, when I view the Downloads folder via the icon on the main menu screen, I see an old .apk file for an Amazon Kindle update. Its name is AmazonApps-release.apk. I deleted that .apk file! Why is it still appearing in the Downloads folder, and why is everything else NOT appearing?
    08-20-2013 05:46 PM
    Try clearing the cache for Downloads and Download Manager. Go to Settings/Apps/All, and select those apps to clear the cache.
    08-20-2013 10:35 PM