I'm having problems uploading films to my nexus 7. I'm just trying a standard copy and paste from my windows xp pro laptop.

If anyone has seen my thread on uploading ebooks. I'm getting exactly the same error message. Stating the file type is not supported on this device.

As suggested on the other thread I've checked that Mtp is enabled. I've checked the nexus has the latest software.

On advice from other forums I've downloaded MX player Rebooted and tried to paste but get exactly the same error. I've tried pasting .mp4 and .avi and get exactly the same message.

Please help me!!!!!
    09-03-2013 03:01 PM
    Assuming you're getting this error in Windows (in the file/copy box when you attempt to 'drop' the files onto the N7), you can safely ignore it and copy them anyway (there should be an option to do so). It's Windows incorrectly assuming that the device can't play the files back, but as you know, Android's modular nature lets you simply install an alternative video player (such as MX player, which is great). You shouldn't have any issues actually playing them back.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-03-2013 03:05 PM
    How did you get the movie file? Is it ripped directly from a DVD? Is it a digital copy that came with the DVD? Remember that the digital copies that sometimes come packaged with a DVD won't work if you simply move the file to your device. There's a lot of copy protection involved, and unfortunately there aren't many digital copies that can be easily synced with Android devices (most of them work with iOs devices preferentially). The way I've solved it is by using Tunebite, which legally "re-records" the movie, after which I can then move it to my device.

You might want to try AirDroid to make file transfer easier--it moves files wirelessly.
    09-03-2013 03:07 PM
    Hi. I get the option to skip. But when I press this the transfer just stops. The other option is cancel. Both buttons do the same I.e stopping the transfer.

In answer to the second reply I shall look into wireless transfer, but can't understand why only I am having this problem
    09-03-2013 04:14 PM
    Hi. I get the option to skip. But when I press this the transfer just stops. The other option is cancel. Both buttons do the same I.e stopping the transfer.

In answer to the second reply I shall look into wireless transfer, but can't understand why only I am having this problem
    In answer to your question they are DVD rips.
    09-03-2013 04:16 PM
    I don't think you're the only one--I've seen this issue mentioned before. Not sure about the solution, though.
    09-03-2013 04:59 PM