Nexus 7 2012 - Low Battery - Strange Situation with WiFi

Ken98045

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
OK, I let my Nexus 7 die to to low battery. I refused to come on even when reconnected to power. I used the Change/disconnnect/connect/power 15 sec trick to get the device to come on at all. Power is now about 15%.

Now, things are strange with WiFi. I can use any browser to connect anywhere on the net. However, I cannot use embedded network connections - play store - other apps to connect. It seems like WiFi should either be on, or it should be off. It shouldn't be somewhere in the middle.

Also, date/time is 12/31/1999. Presumably this is because it can't connect?

I realize that possibly a full charge may fix things, but I'd like to know what is going on. It seems like a low power level shutdown of features should affect all programs equally. Why can a browser work, but not other apps?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the awesomeness that is Android Central! Is the device rooted or ROM'd, this does indeed sound strange. I wonder if a factory reset would help.

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Strange indeed. Try factory reset if the problem persist. Otherwise it seems like you're missing some sort of Google services apk on your device. If the latter is the case, I think you'll need to get rooted and manually install it. I know I once received a defective android phone that there was problems with play store. It was missing an apk. Good luck!

Posted via my lag-free, always updated Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae