Mouse will not pair with nexus 7 please help

Rebecca Healey

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Im using a ihome wireless Bluetooth mouse and I want to connect it with my nexus 7 tablet. The tablet can not find any Bluetooth devices so it will not pair with the mouse. is it possible to pair with this type of mouse??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It ought to work. Make sure you have fresh batteries in the mouse, and of course make sure Bluetooth on your Nexus 7 is turned on. You might have to press a "Connect" button on the mouse somewhere to start the pairing process--look on the underside of the mouse for a small button.

Rebecca Healey

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
there isn't a pair button on the bottom of the mouse but there is a button on the top in the center. I didn't know if that would be the pair button or not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let's make sure we're dealing with the right technology first. Can you tell me for certain that your iHome mouse is a Bluetooth mouse, and not a wireless mouse? A wireless mouse is intended for use with a desktop/laptop, requiring a wireless USB transmitter to be plugged into the computer. A Bluetooth mouse obviously uses Bluetooth technology, and can connect with any device (tablet, phone, computer) that has Bluetooth.

Look under the mouse and tell us what the model number is.