Nexus 7 gray wifi

thuijting

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a nexus 7 for 2 months now, rooted, and freedom installed. Sometimes play store can't connect anymore. Then I delete the etc/hosts file, reboot and it works again. Last week I did this again, but this time wifi went gray and play store wouldn't connect. Trying to fix this, I accidentally deleted my Google account. I hope you can help me.

PS: sorry for bad English, I'm from the Netherlands.

rudyy50

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's what i would try.
First, I'd go to the ROM thread to see if others have that problem. If no one has said they do, i would post that i do and see if others do but haven't said so. If a number of people on the same ROM have the same problem the devs will likely fix it.

Second, I'd make a backup, and then install a different ROM and see if it's fixed.

If not, third, I'd do a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Solution does not require factory resets wiping data/downloads ect.
All you need is a rooted phone and about a minute of your time.
So go to root browser and find a folder ect in that folder you will find a file called hosts open it up and edit second line of the text.It should look like this (2nd line).
74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com mtalk.google.com
after that save and reboot your tablet/phone.From what I know every time you restart your router it will go to grey again so just edit that file again if it happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12