Play Store won't let me download anything.

Jhowa234

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Lately play store hasn't been letting me download anything. It doesn't come up with any messages saying there is an error but you know when you click to download something there is a moving blue line under the name showing the progress or something, that appears and just moves for ages and doesn't download anything. I left one app for 2 hours and the line just kept moving and nothing downloaded.

Also the notification bar at the top of tablet it usually comes up there doesn't it? Nothing comes up when I try to download something. My internet connection is fine. I've also signed in and out of Google and even made a new account and still not working! Any ideas? Thanks.

Sorry about that can't figure it out. Play store went berserk on me so the Same thing happend.

Last edited by a moderator:

purple_pixie47

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I also cannot download anything. I've tried deleted data/cache, and force stop, and nothing.
There is an update pending that keeps popping up, something to do with the download manager, but since I can't download anything, I can't download it.
Help!!

Mohammad Gholamy

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! You may want to clear the Play Store's cache.

Go to Settings-->Apps-->All
Select Play Store
Click Clear Cache

If that doesn't do it click Clear Data

That may just get you going again.

I can't download anything from my play store

Last edited by a moderator:

RGNPAML

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. My Samsung Galaxy S3. When I try to install it says "Couldn't install on USB Storage or SD card" I tried clear data, forced stop and clear cache but it still isn't fixed. I have 4.5GB and I also uninstalled 3 other apps just in case but it still isn't working properly. On my SD card, the USB Storage on the bottom bar says that I have 5.0GB free and that I used only 2.3GB. :'( :mad:
Could you please find a way to fix this problem. Thank you.

rahima zubair1

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I have tried everything clearing data clearing cache, and force stop.. nothing works for me. I getting an error whenever I try to install something
I dnt knw how to attach a screenshot here so I am sharing wht I got..
An error has occurred we cannot download the file "error 194"

jhoyz20

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
have you tried to update your OS? When I encountered same problem of yours I've just updateD my OS in updater installed on my cp alcatel one touch flash plus and it's now working. 😀

Marlon Aholelei

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi there i was wondering if you could help me , everytime i click on playstore, an annoying pop up comes up asking me to put in my credit card details yet i dont have one as i only download free apps snd i have never had this problem before, any help would be awesome thanks.

Yuuki Katsuka

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
So here is my problem. Now I broke my phone so I have to use this older phone however it was working just fine until now. My mother showed me how to move stuff over to my SD card so I did it to make mod room on m phone and make it faster
However, lately every time I try to download something the ONLY thing it shows is the word uninstall and the word "Open" is completely gone!!!! I don't understand why! Please help :( it doesn't even who up on my phone.

Also when I tried clicking "clear cache" or wouldn't let me clear the cache :'(

bubbles1124

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Why I can't down load?

Authentication required. You need to sign in to your google acct.

Every time that I tried to download that message comes up. But I've already sign in to my google account.
What can I do? Please help me . thanks a lot.

aviralstyle

May 27, 2016
Visit site
blue lines start and never end.
i have ended up trying "clear cahche" & "clear data" but it's not helping.
if u got the solution kindly reply fast.

GayleP

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Clear cache and or data. Go to settings..Apps or App manager..click on play store clear cache and/or data. I cleared both. Works like a charm