battery life

torre1

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
There are apps to show how long an app has been running, how many times it has been opened and how much battery power has been consumed by the app. Does anyone know of an app that combines both power consumed and time running because to me that is the only way to see which are the battery eating apps..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There are apps to show how long an app has been running, how many times it has been opened and how much battery power has been consumed by the app. Does anyone know of an app that combines both power consumed and time running because to me that is the only way to see which are the battery eating apps..

Well, there is Watchdog. That tells you about rouge apps. Not really what you are looking for. But I am not sure of what app can tell you which is eating the most battery. Wakelock detector could lead you in the right direction.

Mobie_innoPath

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
You could try Mobie - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.innopath.mobilemd&hl=en&token=gsBfatig
While it won't tell you how long the app has been running, it will tell you how much memory, data, etc. it has consumed. It also has detailed battery usage, time left to power, how much time you'll get per charge and a lot more. Plus there are 5 other applications for device health included. Full disclosure - we developed this app, so we're a bit biased ....

torre1

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Already have Gsam free. Its very good at showing what has used the battery but apps that have be running a long time often come at the top of the list. What I am interested in are the apps lower down that have used a lot of power relative to the time they were running. I have used App Usage for times but its a lot of work sorting out all the details and calculating the power % per minute for each app. Also I have found App Usage gets it wrong some times, spotted one time when I played a game for 30 minutes and App Usage said 28seconds.

torre1

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Quite right,
its not what I was looking for but I have installed Watchdog. Hopefully it will show me what causes occasional loss of battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With GSam, you can actually set a custom start time to base the battery stats on. On the main page, tap the plus sign in a circle, and the stats will change, using the time you tapped that button as the start time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome