Nexus 7 2012 32GB Version....now randomly rebooting 2 - 3 times a day

John Venables

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Hoping for some guidance, my Nexus 7 has started randomly rebooting 2 - 3 times a day, no matter what I am doing with it, even when its just sitting on the sofa doing nothing. There is nothing obvious running that seems to be causing any issues...even during the night, it sometimes reboots.....

Anyone experienced this and can give some guidance?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try a cache partition wipe, which only erases temporary system data that might be messing things up (no important personal data will be lost). This can especially be a problem if you've recently done a system update. Here are the steps:

1. If your tablet is on, power it off.
  2. Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
  3. Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
  4. Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
  6. Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press Power to select it.
  7. When done, select "reboot system now" and press Power to execute.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
mine is 2013, at first, it randomly shuts down. after i sent it for repair, they changed some of the firmware, i think. then it started to randomly reboot. i just sent it for another repair.

i suppose that yours is out of warranty period now.