Hello,

My Nexus 7 wont go past the google logo. It has rooted about 1 month ago and has been fine since. The problem I had at first was that The BBC Sport app wouldn't work (as if I had no internet connection, which I did). I opened up chrome and tried to access bbc sport there which also didn't work, but google did so I must have had a connection.

I restarted the thing and since hasn't booted up. I can go into bootloader and recovery menu (clockwork recovery) but when I try to reset from recovery mode I get this message:

Root Access Possibly Lost Fix?
    THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE

1. YES fix root (/system/xbin/su)

2. NO do not fix

selecting the first one just resets to the google logo, but I get a quick flash of something on the bottom of the screen, I am not sure what it is, before the screen goes black (weird image only stays for like 0.005 seconds).

When I turn the device on and the google logo comes up, once it goes, the screen stays black, but the blacklight is still turned on. I can turn it off by pressing volume up and power.

I also can't copnnect it to my PC. My pc recognizes that the nexus 7 is connected, but no drive appears on the computer screen.

Any help? Thank you.
    11-15-2013 11:16 AM
    Rooted, you have adb working? Try wug's toolkit. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766475

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-15-2013 04:07 PM
    I don't seem able to get adb to work.
    11-15-2013 04:50 PM
    does no-one else have any ideas?
    11-16-2013 11:08 AM
    As an update, I have managed to get the device to work by flashing the system using the adt bundle in fastboot mode.
    11-17-2013 08:41 AM
    This is why I never root my devices. I'm sorry for you. I had a similar issue after my Nexus 7 fell off my bed. Wouldn't boot past the Nexus logo. Since it was under warranty I was able to get a replacement.

I wonder if Google allows this with rooted devices or does rooting void any warranty. Worth asking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    11-17-2013 08:58 AM
    I believe rooting does void the warranty. I wont bother rooting again. I barely used anything that made it worth rooting and means I lose access to sky go. I'll lock it again and hopefully warranty will be ok.
    11-17-2013 09:35 AM