Has anyone gotten the OTA kitkat update?

SevereDeceit

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen any screenshots of the OTA update either. Only like two people who say they had the update pushed to their device. Something is fishy, many more should of received this update already.

digitalmaster

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. My 2013 Nexus 7 has had its framework reset several times, I gave up this weekend. I would prefer that they start putting out the OTA, and then announce it afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

digitalmaster

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the 2013 and have not received OTA yet. If it ever comes I hope it fixes the "freezing" problems on this tablet.
I returned for Nexus 7's, all with very bad freezing problems, and keyboard problems. I recently got my 5th Nexus 7 after giving up for about a month, and I'm having no problems with this one which was manufactured in September. It probably has something to do with the manufacturing date and the factory that was used to manufacture the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Google4Lifee

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Where is the OTA. I am seriously considering calling Google, to find out something.
If they found a bug, and stopped the roll out.
They should have announced it!

Victor S

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Not received any OTA update yet.

Disappointed with Google this time. If this is their marketing strategy to get people involved and excited then it will fall flat.

Last year I was confused to buy iPad Mini or N7 and now I feel ipad would have been the correct choice. I am not a person who believes and likes to do thousand different things on my android. I am a simple user and I use it on a daily basis to watch videos, listen to music, browse the internet, play games etc. After doing these activities for 4-5 months I saw the device has become really slow and is not as snappy as before. I did a factory reset twice and re-installed only few apps each time to check if some apps are problematic. Still the device is slow. On top of that these OTA updates are nowhere to be seen. Also - I have heard that translucent status bar feature is not readily available in 4.4 update for Nexus 7. Overall, Google is not going to support any updates for nexus devices post 18 months of the release. If N7 2012 was realeased in July 2012 then kitkat 4.4 will be the last update for my N7.

Should have spent more money and got iPad Mini :(

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Not received any OTA update yet.

Disappointed with Google this time. If this is their marketing strategy to get people involved and excited then it will fall flat.

Last year I was confused to buy iPad Mini or N7 and now I feel ipad would have been the correct choice. I am not a person who believes and likes to do thousand different things on my android. I am a simple user and I use it on a daily basis to watch videos, listen to music, browse the internet, play games etc. After doing these activities for 4-5 months I saw the device has become really slow and is not as snappy as before. I did a factory reset twice and re-installed only few apps each time to check if some apps are problematic. Still the device is slow. On top of that these OTA updates are nowhere to be seen. Also - I have heard that translucent status bar feature is not readily available in 4.4 update for Nexus 7. Overall, Google is not going to support any updates for nexus devices post 18 months of the release. If N7 2012 was realeased in July 2012 then kitkat 4.4 will be the last update for my N7.

Should have spent more money and got iPad Mini :(

The bright spot in all that is its a nexus device. The dev community will no doubt support it as long as they can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Nothing in Seattle....but I have to admit it is amusing to watch some "jump off the cliff" over this.
If I recall, the N7 was the tablet to own when introduced (and to some degree still is) but all of a sudden without KK and translucent menu bars it would be better off in the garbage.
Hilarious! My N7 performs great, does everything I need it do very well. I am guessing that not one person "on the cliff" has significantly outgrown the capabilities of their N7 and that KK will not bring world peace.
As with most updates will I all of sudden start tackling nuclear fission on my N7 and try to solve the world's energy problems.....uh, no.
Updates are fun and in many cases a necessity when glitches, etc. are present. KK will make some whole again but there will be more updates....how are we possibly living without them?

xerxes1976

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you want a transparency bar just install Nova Launcher it has the option and is closely themed with Kit Kat only issue with this launcher is the lack of Google Now home screen integration, if you're into that.

raenrfm

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Not to be a stickler but nuclear fission has been conquered, it's fusion that's the tricky one...power in > power out at the moment....if you can get power in < power out with fusion, you're in line for a Nobel prize.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12